Tuesday, March 3, 2009

About me !

If there is a better word to describe me
Then I will choose Pragmatic
People often say I’m an Optimist
But I know I’m more of a realist

I'm not only a programmer
I'm also an actor rehearsing for
A play that you and I will act
Not in this world but in the heavenliness

I may have a melancholy expression
But I still have a reserved strength
To declare each day
As the day the Lord has made
Just like the Psalmists

Time is precious to me But
Doing it right is more important
I love Gold
But I will rather invest it
For a future return

I am one of those who will re-write
The history of this Country
Call me a dreamer
And I won’t sue you
Remember, the dream of one Man
With an unknown pedigree
Is shaping our world today

My story is not just about me
Rather it is about the values
I can add unto others
Just like everybody
I also have my shortcoming

Life is precious to me
But being a realist, I know that one day
I will be recalled to give an account
Let this spur whoever is reading
About me!

© 2009 Oyepeju Oyewale.

No comments: