Friday, October 8, 2010

A familiar road once taken?

Honestly I don't want to write about my dear country again but for a reserved energy and an uncommon hope that we will get it right someday. My sympathy goes to the families of the innocent souls that lost their lives in the incident.

We all know that militancy has not been eradicated in the Niger-Delta region, it is a known fact that only about a quarter of them embraced the amnesty programme. The series of buck-passing that followed the event could have been avoided if Mr. President has been objective with his statement, he is the president and the buck stops at his desk. . It is only in this country that we don't learn from the past. Why do we leave the obvious truth to chase shadows?

History will not be fair to the idealists who call the shot, the pessimists that sit on the fence hoping that things will get better and the terrorists that want to destroy what is left of our national pride. As I look forward to 2011,there is a far distant voice saying that the journey to 2011 is a familiar road once taken....I only hope it's not what I’m thinking!

No comments: